RAKISTA helps you connect and share music with the people in your life.

Female Metal Vocalists

I'm a self-confessed feminist kaya mas gusto ko nakikinig sa mga babaeng musikero. The world of metal music has been dominated by males over the years. Cliché or not, others think that males express their strong music presence through metal music. Eh ngayon, female singers growl and do the head bang like males singers do, minsan mas malupet pa (IMPO). Well, the following list may change that common thought and you may consider lending some ears to the hot chicks of metal music.

Here's my "Best 10 list", share nyo din ang sa inyo.

10. Jill Janus. This stunning lady is the vocalist of the American heavy metal band Huntress. She rocks the stage with husky and guttural vocals and the band’s classic style metal.

9. Maria "Masha Scream" Arkhipova. Masha Scream is the lead singer of Arkona, a Russian pagan metal band. Her deep, guttural growls can bring you to ancient realms and the Pagan world.

8. Julie Christmas. She is the lead vocalist of Brooklyn based band Made out of Babies. Her pain-filled vocals and beautifully bizarre childlike voice are awesome. Her emotive vocals gained her an edge over other metal female singers. Her previous bands are Battle of Mice and Spylacopa.

7. Maria "Tristessa" Kolokouri. She is the current vocalist of Astarte, an all-female black metal band from Athens, Greece. Maria’s harsh vocals earned her the spot as one of the top heavy metal performers in the US.

6. Laura Nichol- She is the former vocalist of the melodic death metal band Light This City. She screams like Gossow with those fierce and beautiful growls. She is now the vocalist of Heartsounds, and she continues to rock the stage with her growls.

5. Agnieszka Górecka. Also known as “Nera”, she is the lead singer of the Polish symphonic black metal band Darzamat. Her voice carries that eerie sound from underground.

4. Krysta Cameron. She used to be the lead vocalist of the deathcore band Iwrestledabearonce. Krysta has an awesome set of lungs that can deliver clean vocals and powerful growls. One of my favorite songs: her rendition on the Muse's Uprising. She left the band when she got pregnant and was replaced by the equally talented Courtney LaPlante.

3. Alissa White-Gluz. She is the Canadian singer of the melodic death metal band The Agonist. She performs with her sometimes- blue-and-sometimes-purple hair. Her clean melodic vocals, guttural voice and powerful growls earned her a spot as the most famous female artist in extreme music.

2. Otep Shamaya. This American singer-songwriter, actress, poet, writer, and painter is the lead vocalist of the nu metal band Otep. A take-no-prisoners kind or woman with the screaming skills so powerful it can “smash the control machine”.

1. Angela Gossow. She is the pretty German gal who replaced Johan Axelsson as lead vocalist of the former all-male Swedish melodic death metal band Arch Enemy. Angela Nathalie Gossow’s signature larynx-splitting growls produced the popular hits We Will Rise and Leader of the Rats. Her previous bands are Asmodina and Mistress.
Last update on September 2, 2013 2:39 pm by La Bruha.
No one is a virgin, the world screws us all.
erm. lemme add Tristessa of the band Astarte. Former member of Lloth. Hot chick with good voice. lol
waw La bruha tanging si angela gossow lang kilala ko dyan ah! well sakin idol ko naman sina sharon den adel[within temptation], simone simons[epica], floor jansen[after forever], Ann Boleyn[hellion], kitty saric [decadence], angela gossow[arch enemy], loubelle [descant gott]...
Yakirariem said...

waw La bruha tanging si angela gossow lang kilala ko dyan ah! well sakin idol ko naman sina sharon den adel[within temptation], simone simons[epica], floor jansen[after forever], Ann Boleyn[hellion], kitty saric [decadence], angela gossow[arch enemy], loubelle [descant gott]...

icon_razz Floor, Sharon and Simone Simons are beautiful and talented ladies. Sila ang nagmulat sakin sa mundo ng sympho and operatic Goth metal 3 years ago. Love 'em.
katt taylor
ang tao ay magkakaiba walang dapat mang husga basta alammo sasarili mo kung sinoka dimo kailangan mag bago para sa kanila
https://facebook.com/guisadiomakulitzz
Tyrannizer of Nocturnal
Attachments
Thanks for the recommendation
Well here's my favorite female fronted bands
Phantom Blue - all female band with the badass guitarist Michelle Meldrum check out their songs Bad Reputation or Anti Love Crunch
Massacridia - all female thrash metal band from the Philippines Caren of General Luna used to play guitar for this band
Whorelocke - Yeah Cassie can hold her own with the best of them check out Fallen Disgrace or the video of Bloodshedd performing Dearborn with her as guest vocalist
Sea of Rains - Vespertine Flight
King Leon said...

erm. lemme add Tristessa of the band Astarte. Former member of Lloth. Hot chick with good voice. lol

Oh Maria Kolokouri, nag text sakin, mabuti na daw pakiramdam nya icon_razz I only have 3 tracks from Astarte in my playlist; Lycon and Lost tapos Black at Heart from Demonized. Good indeed.

Thanks for the recommendation
Well here's my favorite female fronted bands
Phantom Blue - all female band with the badass guitarist Michelle Meldrum check out their songs Bad Reputation or Anti Love Crunch
Massacridia - all female thrash metal band from the Philippines Caren of General Luna used to play guitar for this band
Whorelocke - Yeah Cassie can hold her own with the best of them check out Fallen Disgrace or the video of Bloodshedd performing Dearborn with her as guest vocalist
Sea of Rains - Vespertine Flight

Gusto ko yung Fallen Disgrace ng Whorelocke. Ngpa pasa lang ako nun sa workmate ko, medyo mababa pa quality ng audio file lol icon_razz It used to be my "feel good" song haha
the last time i had a news with whorelocke is that they have a new vocalist. i forgot the name though

icon_razz Floor, Sharon and Simone Simons are beautiful and talented ladies. Sila ang nagmulat sakin sa mundo ng sympho and operatic Goth metal 3 years ago. Love 'em.

Sorry but they're not... goth... but symphonic metal. icon_smile Goth metal's the old within temptation and lacuna coil to name some. but awesome list btw! icon_razz